Emergency Management Scholarships
The Emergency Management Scholarships are sponsored by The Australian Government. They provide support for emergency management volunteers to register and attend the conference.
A Scholarship Committee will be responsible for approving scholarships in accordance with guidelines set down by Volunteering Australia, and developed in consultation with the Australian Emergency Management Volunteer Forum and the Australian Government.
Part and full scholarships are available to volunteers working with organisations who support emergency management including volunteers from:
- Indigenous communities
- Regional and remote locations
- Mental health
- Women and children
- Animal welfare
- Aged care
- Domestic violence
- Social enterprise.
The following scholarships are available:
- Full scholarship – includes conference registration, return travel from any major Australian port, and accommodation to cover the conference period (designed to service organisations and individuals with no alternative resources)
- Part scholarship (A) – includes conference registration and accommodation to cover the conference period (suitable for organisations and individuals with the capacity to access budget travel options)
- Part scholarship (B) – includes return travel from any major Australian port and accommodation to cover the conference period (designed to reduce costs for organisations and individuals with the capacity to fund registration but not associated costs)
- Conference registration (designed for organisations and individuals who do not need or who can self-fund travel and accommodation)
Please note the following conditions:
- All travel and accommodation bookings are to be made by Conference Logistics (best economy fare will be booked)
- Scholarship winners are responsible for their own ground transport costs to reach their nearest major Australian port (Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Brisbane, Townsville, Adelaide, Cairns, Perth, Darwin and Broome).
- Any changes to travel or accommodation following confirmation of bookings that incurs an extra cost will be at the scholarship winner’s expense, including other incidentals incurred as part of their journey
To apply for an Emergency Management Scholarship, please download the form here, save it as a Word Document and then submit it via the button below.Emergency Management Scholarship
Applications close 15 March, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact Conference Logistics on 02 6281 6624 or email email@example.com.