Department of Social Services Scholarships
The Department of Social Services is providing assistance for people who are disadvantaged or are from regional, rural or remote areas to attend the conference.
State/Territory peak bodies will be responsible for selecting scholarships in according with guidelines set down by Volunteering Australia.
Part and full scholarships are provided for coordinators and managers of volunteers, not for profit leaders and community leaders (paid and unpaid) who would not be able to attend the conference without this assistance.
The following scholarships are available:
- Full scholarship – includes conference registration, return travel from any major Australian port, and accommodation to cover the conference period (designed to service organisations and individuals with no alternative resources)
- Part scholarship (A) – includes conference registration and accommodation to cover the conference period (suitable for organisations and individuals with the capacity to access budget travel options)
- Part scholarship (B) – includes return travel from any major Australian port and accommodation to cover the conference period (designed to reduce costs for organisations and individuals with the capacity to fund registration but not associated costs)
- Conference registration (designed for organisations and individuals who do not need or who can self-fund travel and accommodation)
Please note the following conditions:
- All travel and accommodation bookings are to be made by Conference Logistics (best economy fare will be booked)
- Scholarship winners are responsible for their own ground transport costs to reach their nearest major Australian port (Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Brisbane, Townsville, Adelaide, Cairns, Perth, Darwin and Broome).
- Any changes to travel or accommodation following confirmation of bookings that incurs an extra cost will be at the scholarship winner’s expense, including other incidentals incurred as part of their journey
- Applicants may appeal the outcome of their application by submitting a grievance in writing to be reviewed by the Conference Governance and Oversight Committee. The Governance and Oversight Committee can be contacted in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a Department of Social Security Scholarship, please download the form here, save it as a Word Document and then submit it via the button below.DSS Scholarship
Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact Conference Logistics on 02 6281 6624 or email email@example.com.